[theano-users] ERROR (theano.gpuarray): pygpu was configured but could not be imported or is too old (version 0.7 or higher required)
Александр Комаров
2018-10-15 11:56:38 UTC
Hi. Try to use CUDA in Theano.
When I start the script i have an error

"ERROR (theano.gpuarray): pygpu was configured but could not be imported or
is too old (version 0.7 or higher required)"

My theanorc
[cuda]
root=C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.0

[blas]
ldflags=-lopenblas

[global]
device = cuda
floatX = float32

Windows 10 x64.

script

from theano import function, config, shared, tensor
import numpy
import time

vlen = 10 * 30 * 768 # 10 x #cores x # threads per core
iters = 1000

rng = numpy.random.RandomState(22)
x = shared(numpy.asarray(rng.rand(vlen), config.floatX))
f = function([], tensor.exp(x))
print(f.maker.fgraph.toposort())
t0 = time.time()
for i in range(iters):
r = f()
t1 = time.time()
print("Looping %d times took %f seconds" % (iters, t1 - t0))
print("Result is %s" % (r,))
if numpy.any([isinstance(x.op, tensor.Elemwise) and
('Gpu' not in type(x.op).__name__)
for x in f.maker.fgraph.toposort()]):
print('Used the cpu')
else:
print('Used the gpu')

Display is "Used the cpu"

How can fix it?
--
---
Arnaud Bergeron
Александр Комаров
2018-10-15 15:20:00 UTC
Im install with Theano.
pip install --upgrade --no-deps https://github.com/Theano/Theano/archive/master.zip

If I try install pygpu
from http://deeplearning.net/software/libgpuarray/installation.html
instruction, I will have compiller error "gpuarray.lib" not found
--
---
Arnaud Bergeron
2018-10-15 15:36:00 UTC
We strongly recommend that you also use conda to install Theano. This will install supported compilers and everything else you need.

Note that we don’t support installation methods beside conda on windows.
Александр Комаров
2018-10-15 15:53:03 UTC
Thank. I'm thinking to use unix already. But I need and prioritize the use
of Windows 10 x64.

пПМеЎельМОк, 15 Пктября 2018 г., 20:36:06 UTC+5 пПльзПватель Arnaud